We need to continue to let our Councilmembers know that the Fillmore budget cuts are not what we want for our kids! Please send a quick note to your Ward’s Councilmember (see listing below) and cc Jack Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) and David Catania, Head of Education Committee of the DC Council, (email@example.com) and Chancellor Henderson (Kaya.Henderson@dc.gov).
All the ward councilmembers received a package from the Friends of Fillmore last week which had signatures from those particular residents in their ward who signed at the Spring Arts Show and Concert, a photo collage of the Fillmore photo frame images, background info on the FY budget cuts and the history of Fillmore’s budget, and a framed picture of artwork by a Fillmore student.
And I spoke with Jack Evans staffer, Sherri Kimbel, today. She said the more vocal we can be, the stronger our case. Please keep up the communications!
- Ward 1: Jim Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org), has Marie Reed Elementary
- Ward 2: Jack Evans (email@example.com), has Hyde-Addison, Garrison, and Ross Elementary
- Ward 3: Mary Cheh (firstname.lastname@example.org), has Stoddert and Key Elementary
- Ward 4: Muriel Bowser (email@example.com), has Raymond Elementary
- Ward 5: Kenyan McDuffie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ward 6: Tommy Wells (email@example.com), has Ludlow-Taylor Elementary
- Ward 7: Yvette Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org), has Burrville, Drew, and Houston Elementary
- Ward 8: Marion Barry (email@example.com)